Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to csv summing fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

catbert

Technical User
May 1, 2003
GB
Hi,

before I go completely out of my mind I am hoping someone has come across this before and hopefully has a solution. Although just knowing I am not alone and not seeing things would be a biog help!

I am using crystal XI reporting on a SQl 2005 database. The report is relatively straightforward although the calculations are quire complicated.

Basically I have rows of data relating to individuals and hours they have worked, separated into columns according to the rate at which they should be paid, e.g

Worker Rate1hours Rate2Hours Rate3Hours BudgetCode
1 2 0 3 xyz
1 6 1 1 xyz
1 0 4 8 xyz
2 11 0 0 xyz
2 2 0 1 xyz

the report and any other export format looks fine, but when I export to csv it is summing the first two rate columns, leaving the rate2 hours column as all zeroes. These are separate formulas and I can't see any reason for it. I have tried converting these fields to text strings, and dropping all the fields into one text field with commas separating them but whatever I do rates 1 and 2 add together.
The formulas themselves are very similar but look at hours worked above and below a 37 hour total which itself is calculated as a numbervar which is reset for each week per person – could this be a reason?

Any ideas anyone, please?

Cheers
CB

I've never had this specific problem. But when cvs export was misbehaving, ignoring section suppression, I exported a single comma-separated field as text. The output can then be redefined as cvs and will work.

Text export can also be tricky. It may truncate lines, but is less likely to do so if you set a high value for 'characters per inch'.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back