Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to CSV produces duplicate lines 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madawc

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
GB
I'm fixing an existing report which exists just to collect data that is exported for further processing. For each account number, there is usually one record but sometimes 2, 3, 4 or more. Detail lines are suppressed, and there is nothing in the detail line, everything goes to a single large field in the group footer. In Crystal this runs fine, but when exported to csv, it produces one copy of the group footer details per detail line.

This happens for Crystal 11.5. It seems to be a new problem, though this may be change in the data.

I can get round this by exporting as text. But I was wondering if anyone can explain the problem.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Do you have a hidden subgroup? I recently had something like this with an ODBC Export. Got one row per group until I added a second group - even though the GH and GF were suppressed.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "hidden subgroup". There is just one section in the group header and group footer.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Sorry, is there a hidden or suppressed group header 2 and group footer 2, for a second group field?

No, just the one group.

I just tested v10 and v12. I got one record per group in v10 but one record per detail in v12 (SP3). So it looks like something has changed in the export functionality. Not sure if it is a bug or a feature.

Good thing you have a workaround.

Thanks, good to know it is a new problem.

Not sure if this is closed, but I have the same problem, and the workround will take me hours, so I was wondering if there is a solution. If I can downgrade the report to v10 and still run it on CRS may be another thought for a workround, but not an ideal solution.

By the way if you use legacy mode this works for CR but there is no feature in CRS

I think the problem you will run into is that it doesn't matter what version you use at design time. What matters is the version of the export dll you use when you do the export. So if your CR Server doesn't export correctly now, I doubt it will matter if you down grade the designer version.

What might work is to replace the server's export DLL for this type of export with the corresponding dll from an older version of Crystal. It may not be compatible but it would be worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back