Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to CSV omits first row

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjatado

Programmer
May 15, 2005
US
I am having a problem with exporting to CSV from sql report server 2003.

Each time I do this it will omit the first row of values returned...(works fine to excel). Instead of displaying the first row of values from the Group, it returns the names of the textboxes of the Details_Group ex:

textbox28,textbox29,textbox30,textbox31

Which in theory is fine... I would like to have column headers - but I need that first row of values from the data to be returned as well here.

Not sure what is going on. If someone could help me out with this, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-b

When it creates the csv file, any values within the Group will be displayed in fields within each record, i.e. a count of records per group will appear as a column and the value will be on every record.

If you rename the textboxes to meaningful names, this will then appear as the column headings on the first row.

Hope this helps

Adam Blackwell
Information Analyst

Thanks Adam!

However, it appears it was a MS built-in bug all along!

I installed the latest MS-SP2 Hotfix patch for this bug and it works great.

Wow, that really was a head-to-wall banger there for a bit, but I am glad it was a bug from MS and not something I was doing wrong... :þ

-b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back