Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to CSV drops decimal places on one PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2004
US
Exporting a table to CSV format (Office Suite 2003) drops decimal places in the output on one PC, but seems to function as expected on other PCs.

Table has two fields defined as Number, size Single, default formatting and auto decimal places. The value in the fields in the table are always under 100 and never negative.

The PC that drops the decimal places changes (for example) 5.17 to 5. (keeps the decimal in the output file, but drops digits to the right). All other PCs that I have tested the process correctly exports the numbers.

I'm sure this will be obvious to a more experienced programmer, and I feel curtain it has something to do with the PC's setup or registry settings or some obscure .INI or .SYS file. I just don't have the knowledge of where to look.

Are you verifying this by inspecting the output CSV in a text editor (like Notepad) and not by inspecting it with Excel?

It may not be Access that is tripping you, but rather Excel could be mungling your output.

Look at the output in a text editor before you even try opening it with something else.

Just an idea...

One of my first thoughts. I did open the CSV file with Notepad. I'm not convenience Access is the problem. I just don't where else to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back