Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export to content server with enterprise scan 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2011
PT
Hi,

Using enterprise scan, is it possible to set the "dynamic folder" using script when exporting to content server?

thank you

yes it is out of the box and while you can script you don't need to.
Typically many replacment variables like <GUID> etc are vailable when you point to a root folder in livelink you can make up dynamic folders by using categorie sna ttributes in livelink.For e.g if I have a category called DynamicFolder with three leaves Year,Month,Day and in your sacn profile import that,then in EScan it will be available as <123456_1_Year>,<123456_1_Month>,<123456_1_Day>.The escan program notes the dataid of the category and the version and the attribute friendly name.You can then in Esacn make these prefilled using Jscript or force the scan user to fill it.So if the scan user fills it and you say you want this folder created you would do MyFolder_<123456_1_Year>
<123456_1_Month><123456_1_Day> so alls aid and done when lapi creates the object in livelink it will replace those with what the operator filled.The common programming language for Escan is Jscript form Micrososft and if you really need to manipulate livelink it will be in lapi although escan does give you a very easy way to get things like this done very neatly

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

I may have misread this I think you know how to do it like how I explained but you want to not use the scan gui but somehow provide the final output folder all in one shot,if so I know only one other avenue which involves setting up a LES Document Pipeline.I can give you direction on that.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back