Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export SQL 2000 Server DB to hard disk or floppy disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

externalError

Programmer
Jan 26, 2002
AE
Guys,
This is urgent.
I wanna export Ms SQL 2000 Server database that I have at work to a floppy disk, and then import it using the SQL Server I have at home! Could you help please.

Regards.

Script out all the database schema transfer to a floppy and run the script on you home machine.

For the data if you have access create a link into your sql server (Odbc) and grab the data into a access database. (Get exteranal data from odbc.) transfer access database onto floppy and then import it into your database you created with the script.

Get a cd rewriter at work, backup the database, and if it's less than 650MB or so, copy it to the CD.
Good luck fitting it on a floppy. I suppose you could use winzip and span it across multiple floppies.

Thanks guys,
I found the solution.
Simply right click any table, click DATABASE BACKUP, and then follow the wizard. To get the database back, right click again, click RESTORE BACKUP, and follow the wizard again.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back