Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Reports to Excel based on Salesrep Name in Table 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgupta76

Programmer
Nov 26, 2003
US
I have a table called Commission_Main which contains transactions for all Salesreps.

I want to export the transactions for each Salesrep into individual excel spreadsheets using the Salesrep name as the criteria. I am trying to use the docmd.OutputTo but it has no criteria or where clause.

I would like to know how I can export the transactions to different spreadsheets with the Salesrep name as the criteria. I am trying to avoid using VBA to manually open a spreadsheet and fill it in with values from a table.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
SG

One Approach is to create a query def and then export that query def to an Excel spreadshet.

Basically, you can create a query of distinct Sales people and load it to a record set.

Loop through the record set.
Within the loop
Call a function (MakeQueryDef) that creates a temporary query_def. That query def would basically say Select * from table where salesman='Jones' where 'Jones' is a parameter you pass into the MakeQueryDef function.
Then Export the Temp_query to an Excel file
End Loop.

Here is some old code snippets...
lcSQL = "SELECT CourseID, CourseName, CourseDescr, CourseTotHours, CourseFYTimes, CourseFYHours, ComApproveFlag " & _
"FROM Courses"
lcQueryName = "Temp_Query"

For Each lc_Query In lc_Db.QueryDefs
If Trim(lc_Query.Name) = Trim(lcQueryName) Then
lc_Db.QueryDefs.Delete (lcQueryName)
lc_Db.QueryDefs.Refresh
End If
Next lc_Query

Set lc_Query = lc_Db.CreateQueryDef(lcQueryName, lcSQL)
lc_Db.QueryDefs.Refresh
lc_Db.Close

If Displaymode = "Query" Then
DoCmd.OpenQuery lcQueryName, , acReadOnly
ElseIf Displaymode = "Excel" Then
'Export to Excel
lcErr_Message = "" & vbCr
lcErr_Message = lcErr_Message + "Would You Like to Launch Excel After the Excel File is Created?" & vbCr
Response = MsgBox(lcErr_Message, vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbDefaultButton2, "Launch Excel")
If Response = vbYes Then ' User chose Yes.
' Yes - Start Excel after file created!
ViewExcelFlag = True
Else ' User chose No.
' No Don't Launch Excel
ViewExcelFlag = False
End If
'User must specify file name and storage location.
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, lcQueryName, acFormatXLS, , ViewExcelFlag 'lcQueryName

Steve Medvid
"IT Consultant & Web Master"

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

Thanks a lot Steve! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Santosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back