Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export report

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuglchaim

Programmer
Dec 20, 2002
US
could you export report to word documet without losing objectes like lines, format ets,
same question i whould like to ask about exporting to html file if there is a way, I think that if there is a way to do so it whould be the easyesed way to update news web pages

I don't like the product you get by exporting directly from Access to HTML. Reports export pretty well to rich text format, which you can paste into an HTML editor - but look the resulting text over, as it can do funky things. I've also gone from reports to csv to HTML tables. But just today, using Office XP, I tried exporting an Access report to xml. This worked beautifully, resulting in a clean web page:

Format your report in Access.
Without running the report, select it.
Select File-Export-xml.
Choose Data (xml) and Schema of the data > OK.
The report will run, with any parameter queries, and produce a set of pages including an html page. Upload them all into the same folder on your web server. Neat and easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back