Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export problem to Excel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggs

Technical User
Sep 21, 2000
US
I'm using CR7 and will export a report extracted from MS SQL or Oracle 8i. About 70% of the time, I print from Excel and notice that the print is very small. When I look at the page setup area (Scaling-Adjust % to size), it's set at 1% or 10% instead of 100%. Thus, the problem. Any way to correct this? TIA [sig][/sig]

Sounds like a "Set Print Area" problem in Excel. Highlight the part of the spreadsheet you want to print, then choose File, Print Area, Set Print Area. Then go back to Page Setup and try clicking on the bottom (1) by (make the second number large). Then look at Print Preview and see if that' s what you want to see in the printout. [sig][/sig]

Unfortunately, this won't solve my problem. I personally know how to take care of this problem. The problem comes into play because I'm distributing these reports to users that run these reports. Since they're not that computer savy, they do not know what to do. That's for replying. [sig][/sig]

We are experiencing this same problem as well. Have you found out anything in regards to this problem? We are continuing to look into this as well. If we find the anwser, I will post here. However if you find it, please do the same.

Thanks,
troyu

We had this problem (using Info 7) and were able to solve it by selecting the "No Printer" option from the File|Printer menu within the Crystal Report. After we did that with all of our reports, the print size was fine in Excel.

We upgrading our Seagate Info Version to 7.5 from 7.0. The new version of Seagate Info includes Crystal Reports 8.0. With this new version of software, the problem does not appear to be happening any more. The bug has been fixed!

I am facing a problem while exporting from CR 7.0 to excel.
its giving me a blank row after each row in excel. Am using W2K with office xp. Same thing works on some pcs with same config.

Help!

Try tightening up the section that has the fields in it. Make the height of that section only as high as the tallest field in the section. I've seen this and otehr export issues that usually clear up when lining up fields properly and sizing sections to only fit the fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back