Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export OLE field to Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimSzrejter

Programmer
Feb 13, 2001
US
I am having trouble showing an OLE object field in Word 97.

I have a table in an Access 97 database which contains many fields. One of the fields is a OLE object, which is set to be a Word.Document and is embedded in the table. The users will input the data into this field through a form. That works fine.

I am using automation to send a recordset, which contains this OLE field and the other fields in my report, to Word. Word gets the recordset and runs through a loop that will put each record on a report in a page by using bookmarks to insert the field in the correct spot on the page. When Word inserts the OLE field it just inserts a bunch of boxes and takes up several pages just for what should be a few lines of text. I assume Word is not recognizing the OLE field correctly. Does anyone know the correct way to send an OLE field to Word and have Word be able to recognize it? I figured since the OLE object was set to be a Word Document in the Bound Object Frame on the form in Access it would somehow be able to be recognized when I passed it to word.

Thanks for any help,
Tim Szrejter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back