Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export objects by selecting database

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonjackson79

Technical User
Dec 23, 2003
GB
I need to automate exporting tables from one database to another, I have tried to use a macro, but you have to specify the database you are exporting to within the macro. Is there anyway I can have it so it will ask the user which database it is to be exported to?

I just realised something else. How do I delete a table from another database? The reason is this: I have created a database that will need regular updates, I need to be able to email these as the database is in another part of the country. The problem being is that I want to basically send out a tiny database with just the updated objects and have it export the objects to the database, overwriting the objects it comes across. Is this possible?

Or is it just easier if I create a full updated dataless copy of the database with a macro to import the data from the older version and then delete the original?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back