Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export MS Access charts (Graphs) to MS Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

llkhoutx

Programmer
Mar 9, 2001
US
My Problem: I need to export graphs generated charts in MS Access to MS Word, but can't find anything about how to do it. Of course "cut & paste" to MS Paint works, but is not satisfactory for my application.

My questions to the forum are:
1. Is anyone familir with how to do it?
2. Is there a thrid party application that will do it?
3. Is there a third party application (analogous to Crystal Reports) which can link (or import) Access data, then graph that data, and finally export the resulting graph (including headers and footers) to MS Word?
4. Are there any other solutions to my problem?

Thank you in advance for your courtesies.

Ms. Access does not have a CHART/GRAPH of it's own and therfore cannot export the chart itself. AFAIK, MS in gneral relies on the applet 'MsChart" throughout the office applications suite. To generate charts, you need to send the data which the chart is based on to the suite program you want to display the chart in and then "build" the chhart in the target app.

I have done a fair amount of this with Excel, but NOT with Word. In Excel, it is fairly easy. Just put the graph on some sheet besides sheet1. Do a transferspreadsheet to the target workbook. Open the workbook, reset the ranges of the various chart 'series', save the changes and close the workbook.

With 'word" i think you need to set the transfer up as a merge, and then do the reset the ranges thing.

MichaelRed
redmsp@erols.com

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back