Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Message Action Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarrySch

MIS
Oct 11, 2002
US
I am trying to create a message/message action that uses the 'EXPORT' and 'TEST' actions to write to/read from an enviroment variable that is based upon a string token that is part of the Message ID.

My problem is that I do not know the syntax for this. No matter what I try I either get an error that the 'TEST' action reading the enviroment variable is not correct or I never get the set value back from the enviroment variable. So at this point I do not even know that the value of the enviroment variable is being set.

The 'EXPORT' is being as follows: &5=Yes

I am having all kinds of trouble with the syntax for the 'TEST' action. I have tried many many variations of: $&5 = "Yes" but none has worked so far.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks
Harry

On the implementation CD you find setenvsh, getenvsh and tstenvsh these CA-provided utilities allow to do what you want...

These tools are also used in the CA-trainings to do correlation (eg when server A and B are down then ...)

No, setenvsh and friends don't act the same as what the original poster is trying to do.

Try something like: $(&5)

Hello,

At a moment simply I say to see the CA's support site because there is a fixes to solve the troubles with the actions you are trying to use.

I you have a agree with the CA, please call support or just follow this links.

or and make sure you have a user and password to access these sites.

If you have more questions please send us.

We use TEST to help slim down the number of msgrecords.
Here's the syntax we use.
Message comes in -
Host:WindowsNT_Server WindowsNT_Server * * * * Critical *

Actions:
10) Type = Test
Text = ( &5 = Agent:SysAgtNT:ntMemPhys -o &5 = Agent:SysAgtNT:ntMemLoad -o &5 = Agent:SysAgtNT:ntMemSwap )
20) Type = Sendkeep
Cond opcode = EQ
Cond RC = 0
Text = Crtical memory on blah blah
(If the RC from test is not 0 it will ignore this action)
30) Type = Test
Text = ( &5 = Agent:SysAgtNT:ntProcessorInst )
40) Type = Sendkeep
Cond opcode = EQ
Cond RC = 0
Text = Crtical CPU on blah blah
(And so on and so on)

Everyone else is right though. If you want to use env variables setenvsh etc are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back