Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export log with description

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanCh

MIS
Aug 21, 2001
CA
I'd like to export the system log from a w2k3 server with the description field, however right now, when I right click on System, Export List, I can create a comma delimited file with everything else but the description field.

Any ideas?

Might be a cheaper option but i always use crystal reports to extract data from event logs. It has a built in connector for just that. Then you can filter and sort and group as you wish. Really works great.

RoadKi11

"This apparent fear reaction is typical, rather than try to solve technical problems technically, policy solutions are often chosen." - Fred Cohen

Unfortunately I'm not so experienced with Crystal Reports. I pretty much want to just to export the log to a comma delimited file so that I can write a vbs file to parse the data.

Almost forgot about this little guy, i used this before i started using crystal reports. Small learning curve on the syntax, but not to hard to figure out.

RoadKi11

"This apparent fear reaction is typical, rather than try to solve technical problems technically, policy solutions are often chosen." - Fred Cohen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back