Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Index to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

damien110281

Programmer
May 21, 2001
IE
Hi

I am using Livelink as a database and I want to export the "Index" to Excel or Word.
The structure is like:
1. Folder 1
1.1 Subfolder
1.2 Subfolder

2. Folder 2
2.1 Subfolder
2.2 Subfolder

and so on...

Does anyone know how I can export this index?

Thanks

Damien

If this is the order of folders in livelink some company has setup as their file structure this info is in the livelink database
so a variation of this is what you are seeing.Name that you see is basically a property of what we call dataid/objid/nodeid which is a unique identifier in livelink.

select name from dtree where parentid=<url/dataid of the container> order by name

almost all database tools have a export to csv function.

You can also basically work just with client(browser). For that you want to use the livelink function XMLEXPORT
http(s)://<serverdetails>/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=39621&objAction=XMLExport&scope=sub&attributeinfo&nodeinfo&versioninfo=all&content=base64
the above example is telling livelink that o ahead and export everything under the objid=39621 this will give you a XML file.An xml file with some work can be consumed by excel.A who;e lot of xmlexport commands exist.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back