Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export / Import selected records from MDB file to / from XML file

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizakiza

Programmer
Sep 29, 2006
AU
I'm using Visual Studio 2013 VB.NET to export a selection of records / rows from a table in an MS Access (MDB) file into an XML file so it can be emailed to another user and then Imported into another MS Access MDB database file via VB.NET code. The tables in the Access MDB file have the same name and structure/format. In the import from the XML file if the record already exists then that row is ignored.

I can do this with a lot of custom code but was wondering if anyone knew a quicker way to do this with minimal VB.NET code in Visual Studio. The table which contains the rows to be exported and imported has a significant number of fields which I don't want to write the code to process individually if that makes sense.

At the end of the day if I have to write a lot of custom code then so be it, just wondering if anyone has done something similar and what their experience was and is there any simpler way to do this?

cheers Kizza [bigears]

It's hard to tell if it can be improved when we don't know what "a lot of custom code" means. An example of the code segments in question would help us determine if/how it can be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back