Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export/ Import Address Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi

I'm using Lotus Notes 5.0.2a, trying to export my contacts in local address book to a structured text file or tabular text and import in another Notes. So .. when I try to import, the program ask me in which form I want to import and I don't know which one I need to choose. I tryed Contacts form, the program showed the contacts, but whit name and last name togheter. When I double click one contact a message "Cannot locate Form: Contacts" it apperead.

Sugestions?
Thanks

If you are copying from one Notes Client to another.....why not do a straight copy?

Open the address book...go to Edit and select all....then edit and copy. All addresses will be copied into the clipboard.

Then go to the new address book and select edit...paste.

I am not sure if that will work for your specific request?

If you need to do this Export and Import routine, I would suggest that you create an Export view in the first database and an Import view in the new database (the disign is exactly the same for each). Include all the fields that you want to export/import (this will allow you to break up the name into LastName, FirstName, etc. - remember to include the FullName field and make sure to include the Form and the Type fields). Export as a Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet (all documents - include view titles) and then import that file into the new database as worksheet defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back