Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Help Needed PLEASE! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteCC

Technical User
Jul 9, 2007
US
Hello,

I have photoshop c2 and adobe illustrator cs as well.

I created a logo in illustrator then saved it as a .psd.
Then I opened it up with photoshop and added a stroke to the whole logo. It came out great but then I wanted to send it back to illustrator. So I saved the file (again as a .psd) and opened it up with illustrator but I noticed it had lost its quality. So i have been trying to apply the stroke with illustrator but it goes in the inner part of the logo which I don't want. Also, when I have tried to export the file or save it as an .ai there wont be an image when I open it, or it will say that the file is too big to be exported. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank You,

Sorry * photoshop cs and illustrator cs

When you moved it to photoshop, you rasterized it. Unless you rasterized it at a VERY high dpi, you'll suffer big quality loss. It's usually best to keep logos in vector format so they can be easily resized without quality loss.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Did you apply the stroke through the stroke pallette in Illustrator? If so, change the alignment (default is to center) to outside if you like.

Yeah im trying to either to just do the stroke in photoshop and export it, or do it in illustrator but to where it will just outline the logo, not the inner lines.

I've tried to re-align it to outside but it seems to still make its way into the inner lines of the logo, does it being grouped have anything to do with that?

...you'll be better off stroking it in illustrator...

...you need to however create a single shape that takes the shape of your logo...

...you can achieve this using the pathfinder palette by isolating copies of the main shapes that make up the logo and merge them to a single path using the pathfinder, this may require a few steps depending on the complexity of your logo...

...on layer beneath or above everything, stroke the path created by merging shapes...

Andrew

could you guide me throught that a little bit more please?

...it is dependant on the complexity of your logo, if you can post an image or screen grab of your logo it would be helpful to know what steps might be needed...

...you can post an image from a free image hosting site and provide the link in a post or provide a URL to your web space if your ISP has provided any...

...here is one, there are others:

Andrew

Thanks alot I just kinda figured it out.
I selected the logo then copied and pasted it onto another layer then set the stroke then I placed the other layer over it and grouped them all together.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back