Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export graphic as ttf symbol font 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

susiesue

Technical User
May 29, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm trying to export a logo as a ttf file but am having problems - it ends up being really small and i can't associate keys with the characters.

Can anyone help me?!

Susiesue

I recently stumbled across a site called
which has a whole lot of tutorials and exercises for Corel Draw. A new tutorial or continuation in the series is posted each month. The current tutorial series is all about creating ttf isometric symbols. The first tutorial in the series gave some basic info about what is allowed and what is not in creating ttf fonts, how to export a cdr picture as a font etc.

This site may be of use to you.

You need to have some important preferences if TTF export of Corel should work:

1. Page size 750 x 750 points (not pica!)

2. Place a letter of an installed font (Arial, Times...) on this page. Give this letter the size of 720 points and draw some guides on its baseline and height.

3. Delete the letter of point 2.

4. Your new letter (= your logo) should have the size of about 720 points. The export filter of Corel works only with this size. If you try to change it in the following window you'll get garbage. This means that you have to scale your logo to the guides you have drawn under point 2.

5. Your logo must be one single curve. No group, not 2 or more objects - no: Just one single curve.

6. Now export the new font.

7. Tip: Don't use spacebar in font name. Some Corel versions make big problems with that.

All in all the Corel export filter does its job. Of course it's not Fontographer or FontLab - but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back