Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export from Notes to Text File

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazbrown

Programmer
Feb 13, 2002
US
I am currently working on a project to get information from a Lotus Notes email and populate an Access database with it. I am able to scrape the information from a Word document. I see that there is an Export option under File in Lotus Notes that would export to a text file. That would work for me but I need to automate this process and can't figure out how to access the Export feature on Notes. I can get into the Notes Session but can't find what I am looking for. can anyone help me?

tazbrown

tazbrown, it seems to me that you need to write an agent in your mail-in-database that triggers "After new mail has arrived". The formula command you will want to use is @Command([FileExport])

If you have installed the Designer Client on your workstation, then open your Notes session and then open the database Help\help5_designer.nsf or use the Designer client's Help button on the task bar

Be aware that the proposed solution is going to export mail on the server, not on the client. Scheduled agents always execute on the server.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back