Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export from CR10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksaab2002

MIS
Jan 6, 2005
US
I am running CR10 in a SQL 2000 enviroment. I have a C#.net web app that displays a list of the reports, allows the user to enter parameters, passes them to CR10 and SQL and displays the report onscreen. Usually, the user can export to Excel or Word or several other standard types.

The problem I have is that 1 user can not export to anything but Word. No one else has the issue...so I beleive it is local to that user.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it a cache issue or a temp folder setting?

Any insight helpful!

Thanks, Kate

Export depends on dll files, which should be stored on each machine as part of the Crystal software. I can't advise you in detail, but looking for differences should do it.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I finally used vnc and had the user walk me through what they were doing step by step. On the phone they had insisted they were follwing proper naming conventions, expot procedure, etc. The user was adding a "." to the file name! Sometimes, the answer is an old easy problem..sorry and thanks,

Fine. I'm sure we've all had users like that.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back