Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export from Access to FTP site

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwizardx

Programmer
Oct 13, 2005
US
I have an application that converts data from Access tables to comma delimited Text files and exports those files to an FTP site where it is picked up by a central office location. Data that is sent from Quebec, Canada, arrives at the FTP site delimited with semicolons rather than commas. Obviously, this makes importing the information impossible. Is this a characteristic of French language Access and, if yes, is there a fix?

Barry Davis, President
Small Business Computing

If the data itself does not contain semicolons, you should be able to do a search and rep[lace before importing the file.

How is your export set up? If it was set up using the export wizard and told to use commas, that's what it should be using since CSV is standard format.

I guess one thing you could look at is the localization settings in Windows on the Quebec machine.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back