Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export format error U2FXLS:5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtaz21

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2002
US
One of my users is getting this error when he tries to export a web Crystal report to Excel:

The export format 'U2FXLS:5' is not supported. [On Page Server: <servername>:pageserver.]

If he clicks OK and tries to export again, he gets this error:

Crystal Reports: Print Engine Error [On Page Server:<servername>:pageserver.]

We had to uninstall and reinstall the Crystal Enterprise Engine on our webserver this morning and all reports are working fine. This is the only one that exports to Excel, and the user swears that the process worked fine before. Is there maybe a setting I missed during the reinstall? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gerald

Excuse me for asking the obvious but do the export DLL's exist on the webserver? (Specifically U2FXLS.DLL)

We had a similar problem, when we moved from Enterprise 8 to 8.5. The Excel report stuffed up!

It ended being an enhancement Crystal made to this product, that doesn't!

There is a fix on the Crystal Web site, it was only a Hot fix when we used it three weeks ago, but it seemed to do the trick.

The other trick is to take the old Excel export .dll (Sorry can't remember the name C????XLS.dll and rename it to U2SFXL file in your Crytal Reports package.

Hope this helps you

Tartanman

Tartanman and Jdemmi, thanks for the replies. Yes, the dll is present on the server. I went to Crystal's website and downloaded and installed the latest hotfix for Data Export issues. But, I am still having the problem. Tartanman, do you have any idea what the hotfix file name is? Or, if it's not in the hotfix anymore, where I could find it? Thanks.

I should say that the dll is in the C:\winnt\system32 dir n the webserver. Should it be somewhere else?

Hi Gtaz21,

Sorry mate, South Australians are having a long weekend, and I won't be back into the office till Tuesday. So I can't get the correct fix number.

However.....
From what I can remember, when we went looking in the Crystel Decisions web pages under support (This is normally pretty helpful page) look under
This is the hotfix we used.

Hope this helps.

Tartanman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back