Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export fails with large exports

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookouri

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2000
US
I have a schema that when exported is between 14 and 15 gig. One of the tables contains images stored in a long raw column. Most of the export is this table. Recently the export has begun to produce errors in the middle of this table export. The error states that the "object not longer exists" but the export appears to continue normally, the size seems to be correct and Im guessing that the export is ok. Ive done a bunch of research and havnt found anything that really helps. Does anybody have any suggestions about how i can tweak my export so it doesnt fail on that big export?

thanks for any suggestions

It only says "object not longer exists", strange oracle applications normally include an oracle or application error code (something like ORA-00000). Are you sure it never returned an error code?

Bill
Oracle DBA/Developer
New York State, USA

yep, there's no errors logged, nothing in the event log, no trace files, just the notice that scrolls across the screen as the table is processed that states that the object no longer exists, and things go on as normal..

It looks like it the ORA-08103 error. Check google for help on the error.

Bill
Oracle DBA/Developer
New York State, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back