Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Excel (97) to Notepad with no Speach Marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukes

Programmer
May 27, 2002
GB
Hi,
I have a workbook which trims and formats and pads out data. The result is a worksheet with 8000 rows of info with correct fields sizes etc padded with spaces. I need to send this to Notepad txt format. I can obviously copy and paste it, but I wish to do this programaticaly. I can use the shell to open a new notepad, but I have trouble copying the data with code. Therefore, I need to export in some way. Excel 2000 has no problem. If I do this in 97, I get the text in speach marks as it recognised by excel as string chars. Anyone got any ideas on this one?

Why not just save as .txt with space / tab delimiter. Would be much easier and uses the built in functionality of excel
HTH
Geoff HTH
~Geoff~

If I do that in 97 it puts quotes in, 2000 doesnt, the version I have the problem with is 97...

Weird - I'm on 97 as well and I only get quotes if I use comma delimited. If I use Tab or space I don't get quotes
Sorry - can't help you any more on this as I don't seem to be able to replicate the problem
HTH
~Geoff~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back