Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Eudora Address Book to Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ham

Technical User
Feb 23, 2000
US
A friend just switched from Eudora to Outlook Express, and would like to move her address book. Is there any way to import a Eudora address book into Outlook Express?
Thanks. -- Ham Rutledge

A friend just switched from Eudora to Outlook Express, and ..."

She's swimming against the tide.

In OE6:

File -> Import -> Other Address Book -> Eudora Pro or Light (through v3.0) to import the address book.
You can then use File -> Import -> Messages -> Eudora Pro or Light (through v3.0) to import the message store

John

Still on the Eudora Address book subject, I get some trouble with it:
- entries, several but not all of them, get truncated by one-two characters at their beginning
- from time to time, when saving an entry, new or modified, I get this message: "Not possible to rename the file C:/....../NNdbase.tmp into D:/Eudora/Nickname/xxx.txt"

This particular main book was quite large (142 entries); I splitted it in two parts but the problem is still there.

I must add that I copy, plain Copy/Paste, the nickname files to carry them back and forth between my 2 PC's.

I would appreciate any clue.

F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back