Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export DLL Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithsc

MIS
Apr 20, 2007
GB
I'm trying to schedule a report (created in crystal reports xi) in BOXI which when run, exports to excel 2007. This report has well over 100,000 records and therefor should be put on multiple worksheets.

The report seems to run ok but then seems to fall over with an error:
Error in File E:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11\Data\procSched\elsprod03.reportjobserver\~tmp1680630bc2b95c2b.rpt: Error detected by export DLL

This report will run and export as a crystal report and other smaller reports run and export to excel fine so I'm not sure why this one is a problem.
Is there a limit to the number a records it will export?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Stuart.

Unfortunately, BusinessObjects wont' export to the 2007 version of Excel - just to the 2003 format. So yes, there's a limit to the number of records it will export. I believe the Excel limit was 64,000 records.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back