Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

binjovi

Programmer
Sep 10, 2001
CA

Hello everybody
Thanks for all the help given by you all guys . i have ask to something my oracle database is in a nt server and now we plaaning to change our server and using windows 2000 sbs and it is in different machine i want to format the m/c where oracle server is installed so what i must do to copy my database into the new server . I must export of all the users seperatly or take tablespace and copy it or using backup and recovery which will be better for me to choose and faster. and the current contains 2 databases. pls recommend me a better option and if possible tell me the details

thanx
Bins

It may depend on the size of your database. If your new server has the same disk structure as your old, the simplest thing may be to backup/restore or just copy over the network (if that is possible) all of the Oracle datafiles, control files etc, so that they are in the same locations on the new computer that they were on the old.

I actually backup one of my smaller databases this way. Every evening, the database is taken down and all of the files are copied to a backup server, then the primary database is brought back up, all done via a scheduled NT script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back