Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export delimited text with a macro or code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2002
US
I'm trying to export a query to a text file. It's a file that contains a list of social security numbers. I don't want anything in the file but the numbers. I just want a space delimited file. How can I do that without the file having the lines and stuff in it?

Thanks!

Hi,

Are you simply doing a cut & paste into eg Word? If so and you don't want the table formatting, you might get the results you want by either:

in Word, use Edit >> Paste Special... and paste as unformatted text, or

paste into Notepad or similar, as it doesn't allow formatting.

If this is a regular event, and you need more help with code etc, please re-post.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve

Right click on query and choose export.

From the wizard that comes up you can select a fixed width file. Click on advanced and you can select options for delimiting dates and times.

If you intend to export regularly click on "save as" in this advanced window to save the export specification. You can then re-export using code or a macro easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back