Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Crystal Report to HTML - Pagination

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbMonk

MIS
Jun 20, 2003
US
I'm exporting a Crystal Report to HTML and am experiencing two problems that are really bugging me, and I'm hoping that maybe someone here has some solutions.

First, when I export the report directly from within Crystal, it creates a set of files that are numbered, 1...n, starting with the first file and including the last; they are all numbered. When I export from with my C# code, however, I get a file that has no number, e.g. report_name.html, for the first file, then a series of numbered files after that, 1...n, and finally a final file named e.g. report_namelast.html. Because of things I'm doing with the files, I actually would prefer them to all be numbered, 1...the last one, as when exporting from within the tool. Anyone know of a way to force that behavior?

Second, the code is automatically creating a target folder with the same name as the Crystal Report (minus the .rpt extension). Is there any way to stop that behavior?

after crystal produces the files, you have full control over them. you can rename and move the files however you like.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

Yes, I know. In fact, I need to rename them, and that's what makes the way this works a problem. I have to rename them using a list of values gathered from another source. I gather these other data values into an array, numerically indexed, starting with 1. These values are ordered to match the ordering of the pages in the Crystal Report. Currently, in my VB6 code, I use a for loop to control the renaming: i = 1; get the file named '1'; use the array indexed as 1 for the rename. It works pretty slick. File_1 equals array[1], file_2 equals array[2], and so on.

I'm not saying I can't work around it. I'm just curious whether or not I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back