Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Crystal Data to CSV and include Sub-Report Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradW

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2000
US
Good afternoon,

I have a Crystal Reports XI report that is pulling data from a SQL Server database. My report has about a dozen fields per record (listed on the details line) and it also has one sub-report that is pulling one field from a related table. The sub-report is populated with one record per line at most but is often blank as well. The sub-report looks just like any other field in the detail line when in preview or printed.

I'm trying to export this data to a CSV file for import into another system but it seems that Crystal is ignoring the sub-report data all together. The help file for Crystal says that it will not export sub-reports when they are in page header or page footer sections. Since my sub report is in the details line it seems that it should export. In testing, Crystal does export the sub-report data when using an export to TXT file but not to CSV. Is there a way that I can get this one piece of data to export to a CSV format?

All help is most appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Did you get this to work? You can try exporting to Microsoft Excel, open the file in Excel and save as type CSV. I tried this and it worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back