Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export button - CR6

Status
Not open for further replies.

indoaryaan

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2003
US
Hi, I have CR6 on a network. The users access the CR6 on the network. Two of the users have their Export button enabled, but on clicking it nothing happens. No export dialog box appears. Am i missing any DLL?? Or is any DLL corrupted??? The other users accessing the CR6 on the same network have no problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ..............vasu.

Could be a DLL issue, and it depends on how you're using CR (RDC, Print Engine API, etc.), as that's a very old version of CR.

Since it's unique to those 2 machines, I'd try reinstalling, making sure that they have adequate permissions, and that they have the same OS/updates as the other boxes.

-k

Thanks....it was indeed a DLL issue. Thanks for your help..

Hi indoaryaan

I am experiencing the same problem, which dll's are missing? So far I added U2DDISK.DLL, U2FXLS.DLL, CRPE32.DLL but have experienced no joy. Can you please assist?

Hello repelsteelkie,

Try using all DLL's in U2D*.DLL and U2F*.DLL.
U2D*.DLL determine the esport destination.
U2F*.DLL determine the export formats.
Guess you can find the DLL's on another machine where this button is working.
Let me know if this works.

Regards,
Indoaryaan.

I am having the same problem on CR 8.5. The export button is visible, but when pressed, nothing happens. All DLL's are present, as far as I can tell?

Any other ideas?

I am accessing the report from RDC. Through the print engine, everything works fine...

BigDogIV,

Crystal reports may not be able to read your U2D*.DLL and U2F*.DLL. Make sure they are in System32 dir or in System dir. As a last resort i would remove the exicsting runtime files and load them again.....

pls let me know if you can get them to work.

regards,
indoaryaan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back