Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export AVI to TMPGEnc Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockleboat

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2003
GB
When I export using the Adobe MPEG encoder the quality of output is poor to say the least. Reading tips on this forum, It seems it is better to export movie as an AVI then use TMPEGEnc to create the .mpg However, when I create an .AVI in this way. TMPGEnc errors and tells me the AVI is not a recognised type. Anyone know why ? Is there a way of changing the output type ?
Any advice appreciated.

Do you know what type of AVI you are exporting? TMPGEnc does not support Microsoft DV AVI 1. You can try converting your existing AVI to one that is compatible for TMPGEnc using the following website.

If that site doesn't work, google for Canopus AVI converter.

But what would be better is to just export to AVI directly from Premiere that is compatible with TMPGEnc.

Thanks for the advice. I do not know what type of AVI i am exporting. It must be whatever Premiere 6.5 defaults to and I can't see a way to change it. My concern about converting it is that this will be another step in the chain that could contribute to deterioration in quality. If you have any more suggestions, I would be grateful.

You'll only know if you try it. There are ways to change the AVI settings in 6.5. I'm not in front of a computer presently with Premiere, but when you select to export to movie, there is a settings icon you can select. Experiment with a short video until you are successful getting TMPGEnc to work. On another note, I have used the Canopus video converter without problems. But I now set up Premiere to export to AVI that TMPGenc can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back