Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export a report to Word and give the document the record number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2001
AT
I use access datas (Name, Adress, Date, ref....) as basis for letters written in Word. I have a button 'new letter' which creates a new record, giving the record a new number. Then it opens a report and exports the report as rft file.

Problem:
How can I automatically give the document a name which corresponds to the number of the record in Access?
And/or: How can I enter this document name in a hyperlink field in Access, so that the document opens when the field is clicked?

The 'new letter' button creates the new record and sets the hyperlink field 'document' on "C:...\...\"&[number]&".rtf" with a macro (set value). The problem is, when clicking on this field in the form or the table, nothing happens, because the information is written in the text of the hyperlink, but not in the hyperlink itself.

Please, please help me!!!
Or is this problem too exotic?

Thank you

The hyperlink field has two parts, one of which isn't easily determined by looking at it.

YourDisplay#TheHyperLinkAddress#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back