Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export a report to excel & customize

Status
Not open for further replies.

maas

Programmer
Sep 3, 2009
BH
Hello All,

I am having an issue is that while exporting a report to excel sheet, there are lots of spaces and empty cells between the data, as well as, the cells are merged.

Is there is a way to export the report and each field will be in a cell, suppose my report looks like this:

No Trans_No
1 123
2 333

In my excel sheet, I would like

A B

No Trans_No
1 123
2 333
, But currently it is showing a merging of the cells and spaces , so instead of Trans_No will be in CELL B, it is in D.

So, is there is a way to control o export that?

First select all objects in the detail section->format->make same size->same height.

Then attach each field to guidelines on both sides and on top and bottom. Neighboring fields should be attached to the same guidlines. Make sure the column labels are attached to the same guidelines. When you move a horizontal guideline, all fields in the section should move. When you move a vertical guideline, both the detail field and the column label should move.

Once you have them attached, move the horizontal guideline so that the fields are snug up against the top of the section, and then bring up the bottom border of the section against the bottom of the fields, thus minimizing the height of the section.

Now the export should have no rows between details and no columns between fields. I generally use the regular Excel export, not data only.

-LB

Hello lbass,

Thanks for your help. But, sorry I did not capture the paragraph:

"Then attach each field to guidelines on both sides and on top and bottom. Neighboring fields should be attached to the same guidlines. Make sure the column labels are attached to the same guidelines. When you move a horizontal guideline, all fields in the section should move. When you move a vertical guideline, both the detail field and the column label should move. "

Do you mean that each field should be near the other field and no space between them.

Yes, attach two fields to the same guideline--the right border of the first field to the same guideline as the left border of the second field.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back