Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

explorer wont shut off

Status
Not open for further replies.

night

Technical User
Jan 9, 2000
US
my desktop keeps shutting off due to explorer not shuting off need to reset it i do and still will not stay on wall paper. but keeps frezzeing up on aol. hit alt,ctrl,delet and explorer is the first thing that bad. so how or what do i need to due to fix it.

night,<br>
<br>
It sounds to me like there is a physical fault in Internet Explorer. <br>
First try dumping your temp. internet files from IE properties. Next, run defrag and scandisk to make sure there are no other problems. Ideally, you should run scandisk from MSDOS mode, so reboot into this. Typically, if there were any problems with the machine software, these steps should fix it. After this has been completed, if you still have problems with it freezing up, try reinstalling Internet Explorer.<br>
<br>
I hope this helps. <p> Matthew Blyde<br><a href=mailto:mblyde@becon.org>mblyde@becon.org</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back