Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Explorer.exe error after W2K SP4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrunnqu

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
US
We have deployed W2K SP4 to our environment and are now recieving the following error on the workstations:

Application popup: Explorer.EXE - Application Error: The instruction at &quot;0x77f8c1bb&quot; referenced memory at &quot;0x<various>&quot;. The memory could not be &quot;read&quot;.

MSKB 262490 refers to this error, but the resolution is not helpful (obtain latest service pack).

Has anyone else seen this and are there any resolutions?

Hello, jbrunnqu

Have you found a solution to this yet?

I have two computers running Win2000 that get this error when they are started up in the morning. This error started to occur after installing MS Service Pack 4 at the end of last year.

I have found a few solutions online at other forums, but none have worked. I just found a new one that suggests that increasing the virtual memory on the PCs will help:

I have not tried this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back