Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Explorer error on startup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCO

Programmer
Oct 2, 2001
US
Hi, thanks for reading my post. When I boot up my computer, I get an error message:

Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module IXFRARED.DLL...

When I close the warning, the monitor goes blank with just the background viewable, no icons or anything else. I then click alt-ctr-delete to shut down. Anyone know how I can fix this? I can still use the computer, but I have to keep the error window open. Thank you for your help

Is IXFRARED.DLL spelled correctly?
There is nothing on Google for it.

You mean INFRARED.DLL right?
Boot into Safe Mode and go into Device Manager by Control Panel >> System Properrties (if you have the My Computer Icon on Desktop, you can right click on the Icon and choose properties to enter System props.)

Find any yellow or red "!" or "?" ....go into it's properties and jot down all info and post back....Remove the Device(s) and reboot into Safe Mode and Run Scandisk.

If you have Infrared USB devices....unplug them

search through these ms articles to look for a match to one of your devices and pertaining to your prob

TT4U

Notification:
These are just my thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions.
Backup All Important Data/Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back