Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Explorer caused GPF in KRNL386.EXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weezie62

MIS
Jun 11, 2002
US
I am working on a Windows98 PC. I tried going into the Properties of a printer, and got an Explorer error: "EXPLORER caused a general protection fault in module KRNL386.EXE at 0001:00001a32." I then tried to delete the printer so I could reinstall it and got the same error. I am able to browse the C:\ drive. Any suggestions? Thanks!

carrr--
Thanks for the tip. I was a little concerned when I read it since it didn't have to do with EXPLORER causing a general protection fault, but I went ahead and tried it anyway. Well, EXPLORER no longer had a problem with KRNL32.DLL, but EXPLORER then had another problem. This all after I've done several other things on that PC. At this point, I'm feeling like a cat chasing its tail around, so I think I'll just punt--wipe out the PC and start from scratch. Thank you so much for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back