Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

explorer 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

computercare

Technical User
Sep 18, 2001
US
Recently I upgraded my explorer 6 browser to explorer 7. Now I can't get my Dell Jukebox by musicmatch to open. When I try to open it nothing happens and I can't get back online.
Also, I can't get the draft room from the cbssportsline fantasy baseball site to open. I'm guessing that it's a setting that I need to change? Any ideas which one? I have firefox and can get into the room that way. The explorer 7 is listed in the control panel I would like to delete it but I'm not sure if by deleting it I will then go back to explorer 6 or will I have to download 6 again?

Thanks for any and all help...

computercare

you should be able to go through Add/Remove programs in control and remove IE 7, it should simply revert back to what it was before IE 7, which in this case should be 6 (or 6.5) like you say.

As far as what's causing the problem, it's hard to say. IE 7 has some weird issues with it still (like improperly handling framesets, among many other things).

However, I've seen plenty of cases where an IE 7 upgrade didn't go smoothly, and the individual had to remove, restart, and reinstall the upgrade.

That may or may not fix your problem.

Also, are you just having a problem with those 2 things (sports, and jukebox), or are you experiencing other problems?

----------------------------------------
Exactly where is the point that you are assassinated rather than murdered?

If by chance you have changed some of the settings in IE7. I would go to TOOLS, internet options and reset everything to default. If you loaded windows media player 10 or 11. It could be they are your problem. Have you tried go to the folder where the musicmaker .EXE is and tired running it from the there. Your my be bad and make sure the popup stopper is turned-off and try to lanch the program. If it works from just right on the .EXE file and select send to desktop. That will make you a new short-cut.

Thanks for all of the help. I uninstalled IE7 and am using IE6 again. After doing the uninstall I can now get the page to open and my musicmatch works again. I would guess that something in IE7 was conflicting with those to things? Again, thanks for the help.

computercare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back