Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

explanation needed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leibnitz

Programmer
Apr 6, 2001
CA
any body can tell me what is a thesaurus active x component? I mean,i understand a littlebit what the term active x component means but i dont think i understand the word thesaurus.

A thesaurus is a reference book that's kinda like a dictionary. Instead of using it to look up meanings, however, you use it to look up related words.

For example, if you look up "pretty" in a thesaurus, you'd probably find synonyms such as "beautiful," "glamorous," "radiant," etc., and antonyms such as "hideous," "plain," "ugly," etc.

The thesaurus will also probably explain the subtle differences in meaning and connotation associated with similar words. That is, it can help you find the best word for a particular context.

Typical usage is to think of a word similar to the one you're looking for, and lok it up in the thesarus to find a more suitable word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back