Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expiry 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZSEEK

Programmer
Feb 13, 2003
US
I need to set the .EXPIRY property and I have read in seperate articles to different ways of formatting it... one saids to YYYYMMDDTTMM and says that it is to the milisecond... also the documentation saids that it is a LONG so my vb program is crapping out with the YYMMDDTTMM formatting so which is it...

From the MQ API Reference:

"This is a period of time expressed in tenths of a second, set by the application that puts the message. The message becomes eligible to be discarded if it has not been removed from the destination queue before this period of time elapses."

That means that it is the total amount of time the message has to get to its destination, and the receiving program has to retrieve it.

It really specifies the Elapsed time that a message has to live. It is NOT the expiration date and time.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back