Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expiration / SIP user

Status
Not open for further replies.

siki85

Technical User
Mar 17, 2009
PA
To whom it may concern,

I would like to know which parameter or feature is in charge of managing SIP session expiration time ?

Here is my issue:
- I'm trying to set a mobility user application where endpoints will change their IP addresses constantly. I'm trying to register these users and actually they can be registered. The thing is, that users can be registered once; if I try to send additional register request (for example, I disconnected the endpoint in order to set new features) I did not receive 200 OK from PBX.

This is the first time I'm seeing this kind of behavior. I suspect it is something related with session expiration time, but I'm not sure.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

CCNA, SECURITY+

Just for the record,

We started to add the Expiration time on Contact Header. So far, it has been working well.

It seems that SIP REGISTER requires the expiration time defined on the Contact Header. Usually I see this as a global header.

CCNA, SECURITY+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back