Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Experiences with DataMigrator - many problems encountered? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc99

Technical User
Jul 21, 2006
BE
We are running CV6.1 data migrator on an MS cluster with 2500 users. We are seeing intermittent problems where the server queue shoots up and the server hangs until the DM service is stopped, then everything returns to normal.

Has anyone else seen similar issues?

Has anyone had to disable oplocks on the file server to run DM without issues?

Thanks

I have often disabled Oplocks without issues. Do it in 2 places DisAbleOplocks yes and EnableOplocks no.
Also make sure you have installed the latest 6.1 (DataMigrator) patches.
Maybe your AntiVirus program is interfering with DM did you look up already DataMigrator + name_of_your_antivirus program in the CommVault knowledge base?

Hi there, was it a busy server that you disabled oplocks on? Did you see any performance impact on the server?

Can I also ask why you disabled oplocks - did you see a specific problem and disable it to fix?

Sorry for alll the questions and thanks for your input!

As dutchtreat states..check your AntiVirus settings.

Can cause lots of problems with scanning offline files

Birky
CommVault Certified Engineer

Also beware of file search options that allow to search offline/tapes... i saw someone do it once with windows basic earch and it immediatly went through poking all the stub files and treid to restore the whole of the migrated data.

Armchair Jedi ~ So dense light bends around him ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back