Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Experienceing Problems With Print Style Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

budha1

Programmer
Nov 6, 2002
US
Hi,
I've created a print style sheet for a web site, and while the style sheet appears to work in my office on different printers, it is not working for my client who has also tried printing on several different printers. I am trying to remove an image on the side of the webpage from printing.

I have linked two style sheets to my web page within the <head> of my html:
<link rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; href=&quot;content.css&quot; type=&quot;text/css&quot; media=&quot;screen&quot;>
<link rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; href=&quot;print.css&quot; type=&quot;text/css&quot; media=&quot;print&quot;>

Within print.css I have the included the following code to remove the image, which is located in a div called &quot;sidebar&quot;:
#sidebar {display: none;}

I have also tried:

images {display: none;}

But no luck.

Any suggestions as to why my print style sheet doesn't seem to be making a difference for my client? She is using IE

Thanks for any help!!!

Sounds like a browser issue to me - what version of IE is your client using? I know that support for the media=&quot;...&quot; attribute is pretty flaky in IE5.5 (and other older browsers).

-- Chris Hunt
Extra Connections Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back