Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

experience troubles with realtime scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

winston6071

Programmer
Nov 22, 2000
AT
hello!
things around:
we have symantec antivirus corporate 10.1.7.7000 installed.
we using a lot of different development tools (clearcase, vistual studio, interpreter, compiler aso....)

config:
our antivirus software is configured to ignore a lot of things, network shares at all, some programming file extensions, all the studios directory and stuff like that.

situation:
since some time we experiencing strange troubles in our clearcase environment which leads to extreme slowness of checkins checkouts builds aso ... depending on snapshot or dynamic views....

question:
however, to be sure that the virusscanner is not the reason, i need to know how to enable something like a debugging mode or advanced logging that i can see which files are really touched from the realtime scanner "on access".
As far as i have seen somtimes files which are located on one of their views (mvfsfilesystem) should be network drive for symantec and with this ignored, are scanned even network shares are ignored.

right now i am testing explizit disabled this shares and on another workstation without the scanner at all ...

but i would need to see a logfile which files are really touched by the scanner.

I was writing a little more so if someone sees the whole picture maybe another idea comes up

thanks for your help
cheers joe

OK i got the information i need from symantec support directly so this isse can be closed

cheers joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back