Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Experianced programmer confused on how to use Visual Interdev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandiRae

Technical User
Feb 24, 2000
US
Visit site
Does anyone know any good sites on where I can learn to use Visual Interdev? I tried using it at work and I kept getting confused as to which files where 'live' and which were local and why it was done this way in the first place. Any good sites would be helpful.

hehe, because Visual InterDev is a tool to help create Web Applications (such as HTML/ASP etc) on a Webserver, either PWS for Win9x, or off the NT4 IIS4, try one of these books<br>&quot;Mastering Web Application Development using Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0&quot; and &quot;Web Applications with Visual InterDev 6.0 MCSD Training Kit&quot;<br><br>far as where files live, they live on the Webserver, you grab a working copy, which automatically updates to the webserver during master mode, during local mode you tell it when to update it with the newly edited copy, and you have to release working copy when you are done, otherwise other developers will not be able to grab a working copy themselves to work on(assuming that Visual SourceSafe is turned on) also keep in mine, unlike most programming languages, this is all script, its a top to bottom, doesnt return to the User until finished, you can however call ActiveX controls stored on the server and use it server-side , but in otherwords, all processing for an active serverpage is done in no more than a few seconds, and the user then see's the processed page sent to the requester. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

you can still write client-side code, use client-side activex and even write server code that writes client code, like a javascript routine to write a VBScript onload event to populate an activex control from a database, or something.

subscribe at&nbsp;&nbsp;<A HREF="mailto:VI6Talk-subscribe@listbot.com">VI6Talk-subscribe@listbot.com</A>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back