Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

expected waiting time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

berute

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2009
GB
What is the formuala of the 'expected wait time' - how is it calculated? How old is the historical data basis for the calculation?

Are you looking for a definition outside of that provided in the manuals provided by Nortel?

They do provide two definitions dependent on wether your talking about queue intrinsics or realtime displays.

The realtime dispay definition is (%Total Answered Delay/%Calls Answered), however the is no specific definition for Total Answered Delay.

Berute,

I've had better luck with my own formula than with the canned Nortel definition:

ASSIGN (((QUEUED CALL COUNT Skill_cv WITH CALL PRIORITY Prio_cv * AVERAGE SPEED ANSWER Skill_cv) / LOGGED AGENT COUNT Skill1_cv) - AGE OF CALL) + 30 TO EWT_cv

As you can see, I add 30 seconds to my final answer to give me some room to work. From my perspective, it's better to answer in 4 minutes when the EWT was 4:30 than the other way around.

I also like to compare the EWT on each pass through the loop so that I never give a higher EWT than has already been spoken.

IF
EWT_cv > EWT_Last_cv
THEN
EXECUTE Start_of_Loop
END IF

Give the EWT here...then...

IF
EWT_cv < EWT_Last_cv
THEN
ASSIGN EWT_cv TO EWT_Last_cv
END IF

EXECUTE Start_of_Loop