Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expected Time/Seconds to Open/Edit CM Endpoint in System Manager 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHTROUT

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2005
US
Session Manager 6.3 - It takes 10 full seconds from the time I hit edit on a station to the time I can actually edit the fields using System Manager. What is "normal"?

We'd like to use System Manager more and ASA less - but if this is how fast it is, then that isn't going to go over well.

We've got about 2200 endpoints.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

It isn't lightning fast, but SMGR has had issues with slowness. Typically, some pending jobs in the scheduler and "bad" administration can lead to the database getting bloated and basic operations taking a long time - and be unbearably bad if multiple admins are doing programming. Also, the more SIP you got, the slower it'll be - SIP stations, Branch Session Managers, things doing database replication, etc.

I know that doesn't exactly help you much, but its about all I can speak to with regards to what "normal" is.

If you intend to edit 2200 endpoints I would not do it in System Manager unless you are doing something like a Bulk Endpoint Change where changes are uniformly applied to all stations selected. Good when using a specific templates for endpoints.

As previously noted System Manager does have some serious issues with being slow. Sometimes the latency can be "cleaned up" by a reboot. You should definitely be at version 6.3.11 or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back