Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expansion Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighMeridian

Technical User
Oct 20, 2003
CA
Alright so now i'm aware as to how I can expand my 8X24.

I have a 2 port expansion trunk card on the 8X24, to which i'll add a 0x16 CO station module and a 12X0 unit. My question is what are the possible cards I can put in the 12X0? Isn't there also CLI cards like the C1 that are in trunk card form? I'd just like some detail as to what I can put in this.

HM,
You can put in CLID cards, LS/DS cards, E&M cards and centrex cards (out of production). It is unclear whether the CLID card will work properly if a C8 is not in place in advance.

PhM

Thanks, but what are E&M cards and centrex cards? Isn't Centrex another style of phone system?

HM,
The 1A2 centrex TM card is something that was around at the Modular DR3 level. I've never seen one but they existed. Can't tell you why or how they were used. You asked.
E&M is to network two Norstars via dry copper, provide DISA or AUTO answer capabilities and carries extra DTMF generators and receivers.

The rest you know.

Cheers
PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back